Fuck St. Patrick's Day! - Eroticbpm.com

Radio and TV Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Eroticbpm.com > Blogs > Weaselheadx
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Fuck St. Patrick's Day!

Submit "Fuck St. Patrick's Day!" to Digg Submit "Fuck St. Patrick's Day!" to del.icio.us Submit "Fuck St. Patrick's Day!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fuck St. Patrick's Day!" to Google
Posted 03-18-2010 at 06:24 AM by Weaselheadx

Say what? You heard me right. Okay, I'm a day late, but all this crap is still circulating around. Why would an atheist celebrate a Roman Catholic proselytizer? I can drink any day I want. It's another of of these Hallmark holidays like Christmas and Easter and blah blah blah. I refuse to celebrate a holiday that's original purpose was to celebrate the 'heathens' being brought to the 'light'. Just because it's become as watered down as Christmas, doesn't make it less of a bullshit religious holiday.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1640 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    The only joy I took out of yesterday was pinching my boyfriend's nipples without explanation.
  2. Old Comment
    Oh and for those who would support SPD as a general holiday to support Ireland or whatever, check this out...http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...250543694.html
    http://lafiga.firedoglake.com/2010/0...-effect-today/
  3. Old Comment
    guidos don't celebrate a day for the Irish. I just stayed home and did a ton of school loan paper work. Yea that's right I lead an exciting life....
  4. Old Comment
    It's not just a generalized day for the Irish, though that seems to be the way it is celebrated nowadays. It's for Saint Patrick who is lauded for helping convert the Irish to Christianity, which is just something I can't celebrate. Especially, in the light of Ireland decided you can't speak against Christianity(or Islam or any religion really, which I have no idea how they define that) in their country. What are we, in the Dark Ages?
  5. Old Comment
    Yeah, in general I fucking hate St. Patrick's Day. It's the one day of the year I refuse to wear green (my favourite colour) if I remember it at all. As a pagan of Irish descent, I'd rather just sit tight and save the celebrating for Beltaine.

I did go to a St. Patrick's Day party this year on account of it being held by a close friend as a way to teach the Korean and Japanese exchange students about Irish food and music.
  6. Old Comment
    Right there are real Celtic holidays. Why celebrate one of the guys who converted the Irish to Christianity? Yeah the IRA and all that nonsense sure showed how peaceful and tolerant Christianity can be. I like green too. Hell, I was into the whole druid/pagan thing for a while before I went full out atheist. Though I'm actually of Scottish descent, but who's counting? I'm a crazy American. I may have went over the top with this little blog, but it's how I was feeling at the time. Really probably even more frustrating to me than the whole Christian undertones is the hallmark-ness of it. It's another buy buy buy holiday. You must have 4 leaf clover shirt. alcohol and some green crap! You must! Though, I must admit it's pretty trippy what they do in Chicago.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks