I miss nyc. - Eroticbpm.com

Radio and TV Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Eroticbpm.com > Various Topics > Random Thoughts
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Random Thoughts This is for.. hey look at that! It's a ... So I went by the store to... Oh and the other day I saw this huge... Um.. Nevermind you should be able to figure this one out. Hey is that a cupcake on your desk?

Old 07-10-2005, 09:24 AM   #1
gwen
gwen has no status.
Model
Points: 7,522, Level: 20 Points: 7,522, Level: 20 Points: 7,522, Level: 20
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Time Spent Online: 1 Minute 28 Seconds
Default I miss nyc.

So I'm in Portland now - I've been here for a week and have just under 3 more to go. It's not a bad city - there are interesting things to see and lots of good food to eat. But it's just not NY. It's slow here. And things close early. People say hello and ask how I'm doing even though I've never seen them before and that totally catches me off guard and makes me suspicious of them. I also still have yet to figure out what people do - it seems no one goes to work. I go to coffee shops at 2:30 and they're filled with people. Now, I'm all for going to a cafe or something to hangout for a couple hours and relax, but that gets old really quick. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I actually miss work. But who I miss the most is TonyB and our kitties. Portland is overrun by cats - adorable kitties on every sidewalk that can't wait for you to pet them. That's really cute and all, but that too gets old quick. Friendly cats are a dime a dozen here. My kitties back home are a challenge - they don't give away their affection for free. And I don't have a TonyB to come home to every day and hug and snuggle with and that makes me the most sad.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:56 AM   #2
yardbutter
yardbutter has no status.

Time Spent Online: N/A

Being homesick sucks. I hope it doesn't ruin the rest of your west coast stay cuz that would be a shame

EroticBPM is my magazine of choice.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:11 AM   #3
TuckEverlasting
TuckEverlasting is Bumping
Points: 18,931, Level: 33 Points: 18,931, Level: 33 Points: 18,931, Level: 33
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Time Spent Online: 4 Days 7 Hours 26 Minutes 14 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to TuckEverlasting Send a message via MSN to TuckEverlasting Send a message via Yahoo to TuckEverlasting Send a message via Skype™ to TuckEverlasting

San Francisco is a days drive south. I know it's not NY. It's a city though, a constant face paced place with things to do. Maybe a visit might make you feel better. People go to work, coffee shops are open, there are all the different types of people and animals of all walks of life.

I know how it feels to miss home. I feel for you.

.:TUCK:.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:41 PM   #4
killshot
killshot is tired
Administrator

Time Spent Online: 2 Months 4 Days 23 Hours 14 Minutes 3 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to killshot
Default Re: I miss nyc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgirl
People say hello and ask how I'm doing even though I've never seen them before and that totally catches me off guard and makes me suspicious of them..
It's called being friendly

I like friendly people
Old 07-10-2005, 01:42 PM   #5
kwijibo
kwijibo has no status.

Send a message via AIM to kwijibo Send a message via Yahoo to kwijibo

that's funny that you say that because i used to live in portland (originally from chicago) andi thought the same thing. everyone was so nice and polite i was not used to it. for example no one honks there horn, and says hello, etc... i enjoy the anonymity of being one of several million people in a major city....which is why i eventually moved back to chicago.

Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone...
Old 07-10-2005, 04:29 PM   #6
misswoo
misswoo has no status.

awww, so sad, but I"m sure by next week you'll get used to the friendliness and miss nyc a little a less. There must be a nice nudie bar you can go to ease the pain?
Old 07-10-2005, 05:21 PM   #7
HiroProtagonist
HiroProtagonist has no status.
Points: 9,607, Level: 23 Points: 9,607, Level: 23 Points: 9,607, Level: 23

Time Spent Online: 59 Minutes 10 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to HiroProtagonist

Don't worry, I'm keeping your NYC warm for you while I miss my Boston for the next couple months. *Hugs* I feel that home sickness thing. I don't mind NYC, it's not really my speed, I prefer Boston or London. Mostly I just don't have a support system here. But I will have a job at St. Marks Comics soon. Woot.

"If you live in the twentieth century you do not find it hard to see yourself in those, more desperate than yourself, who seek to shape it to their will."

"Fuck the orphans! If they were worth a damn, somebody would care for them. And if somebody cared for them, they wouldn't be orphans. Somebody's gonna eat those little fuckers and it's either you or the C.H.U.D.s. C.H.U.D.s who, it goes without saying, are in this country illegally."
Old 07-11-2005, 02:55 PM   #8
gwen
gwen has no status.
Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroProtagonist
Don't worry, I'm keeping your NYC warm for you while I miss my Boston for the next couple months. *Hugs* I feel that home sickness thing. I don't mind NYC, it's not really my speed, I prefer Boston or London. Mostly I just don't have a support system here. But I will have a job at St. Marks Comics soon. Woot.
St. Marks comics, eh? You will soon learn to despise the guy at the piercing shop who snaps flyers at ever passerby. It's the most irritating thing ever. And maybe if you're lucky you'll see TonyB go running by in a 3rd Base t-shirt.

Today has been a kind of less than stellar day for me. I'm really over tired from going to the coast yesterday and am only just now getting my first cup of coffee (it's nearly 3pm and I've been up since 6:30). Also, my best friend who was visiting just left so that left me all sad. And to make things even more fun, I'm about to get my period so I'm all overly emotional. And now that I've typed all of this out, I realize I sound really whiny. So I'm going to finish up doing stuff online and head outside and find something to entertain me.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:57 PM   #9
gwen
gwen has no status.
Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswoo
awww, so sad, but I"m sure by next week you'll get used to the friendliness and miss nyc a little a less. There must be a nice nudie bar you can go to ease the pain?
I'm sure Tony & I will find one or two to entertain us when he gets out here for a visit. I've got my eye on a couple. I have to refrain going to any until Tony gets here because a.) I'd probably get bored going by myself and more importantly, b.) I'm broke.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:49 PM   #10
JoeyEquinox
JoeyEquinox is back where he came from... again
Points: 21,002, Level: 35 Points: 21,002, Level: 35 Points: 21,002, Level: 35

Time Spent Online: 3 Days 13 Hours 37 Minutes 22 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to JoeyEquinox Send a message via MSN to JoeyEquinox Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyEquinox
Default Re: I miss nyc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgirl
People say hello and ask how I'm doing even though I've never seen them before and that totally catches me off guard and makes me suspicious of them..
It's called being friendly

I like friendly people
Yeah, she basically outlined the reasons why I'd like Portland, and why I like SF, a lot more than I like NYC.

But hey, different strokes for different folks

Yeesh, NOW what's going to happen? ...