Scientists Seeking AIDS Grants Warned Against Controversy - Page 2 - Eroticbpm.com

Radio and TV Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Eroticbpm.com > Various Topics > Today's world
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Today's world Talk about current events, news, politics, and issues that affect our lives

Old 04-23-2003, 02:55 PM   #11
killshot
killshot is tired
Administrator

Time Spent Online: 2 Months 4 Days 22 Hours 47 Minutes 50 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to killshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffhead
We are talking about a place where thousands of men broke into peoples homes and raped six year old girls in a very short amount of time. Why? Because they were told by tribal leaders that if they had sex with a virgin that they could transfer the disease to the virgin. And you want to talk about education? 'fraid not, homeboys.... religion wins again and in doing so, thousands of little girls were raped and given HIV.
one misconception about africa is that its just a place full of tribes running around living like they did a thousand years ago..

and there are definately places like that

but there are also cities with shopping and schools and clubs and fashion, industry and technology... and all those thigns that we have here

and they dont live a tribal or traditional lifestyle but they are still ravaged by aids
Old 04-23-2003, 03:03 PM   #12
muffmuff
muffmuff is Just another robot.
Points: 13,486, Level: 27 Points: 13,486, Level: 27 Points: 13,486, Level: 27
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Time Spent Online: 6 Days 4 Hours 5 Minutes 40 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to muffmuff

I understand that, I didn't see anything to the contrary of what you just said. I'm just stating the facts!
*pokes you*

"Now that you put it that way, that I'm keeping you from masturbating during meetings at work, how can I NOT redesign the site?"

-Antiblank 2009
Old 04-24-2003, 01:44 AM   #13
DJ_Jay_Hunter
DJ_Jay_Hunter has no status.

Time Spent Online: N/A
Send a message via ICQ to DJ_Jay_Hunter

Yah Kill - all true... I didn't know if you were talking about African Govts. You're absolutely correct that it is in our interests to help defeat AIDs. I hope I didn't sound as if I was 'ostriching' the problem... I always try and point out the balance to others views and arguments. It helps me find a place of balance in my own head. Hopefully helps others too.

I fully agree that it is a sad, sad fact of the world that people in plight are often used as pawns in the games of powerful front organisations for religion and/or banks.

A naked woman is, for most men, the most beautiful thing they will ever see; on this planet, the female body is the prime aesthetic object.
J. Updike
Old 04-25-2003, 01:52 AM   #14
DJ_Jay_Hunter

I disagree about Mandela, but it seems I tend to

I do however, wholeheartedly concurr on the Twix. They are wicked. And you eat them correctly too. You guys are more cultured than I thought .. heheh

A naked woman is, for most men, the most beautiful thing they will ever see; on this planet, the female body is the prime aesthetic object.
J. Updike
Old 04-25-2003, 09:25 AM   #15
DJ_Jay_Hunter

Nerds are something we haven't got - or at least they're not called nerds... What are they like - we may have an equivalent.

I can feel a new topic coming on.....

"Name that candy"

J. Updike
Old 04-25-2003, 11:26 AM   #16
has no status. Edit

's Avatar

nerds rope isnt like licorice. It is nerds on a really long gummy worm type thing. DAMN GOOD!!!!!! I WANT ONE NOW!!!!

Old 04-25-2003, 01:49 PM   #17
bdubs
bdubs has no status.

Send a message via AIM to bdubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot
one thing that sucks about the programs providing aids drugs to africa
is they are refusing to also provide sex education .. such as using condoms and stuff...

it would cost far less in the long run if they just tought people about safe sex and provided them with contraceptives...
but once again... drug companies come out on top...
there is more money in not solving the problem
good point scott. For the longest time people in africa believed that anal sex was "safe" sex cause you could not get pregnant. Little did they know that it's actually a higher risk form of sex.

I actually do think people are being more and more educated about the disease. I have been educated since i was little kid and once in a while i go in with out the rain coat, god knows why? (drunk, high, in the heat of the moment, whatever)

the point is, you can educate all you want (it will help) but you can't put the condom on for them. it's a shame. Instant AIDS is no joke.