Video Games - Eroticbpm.com

Radio and TV Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Eroticbpm.com > Various Topics > Music, Movies, Games, Books & Entertainment
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music, Movies, Games, Books & Entertainment Muisc, Games, Movies, Television, Cartoons, Anime, Books, Sci-Fi, Theater, Conventions, You get the picture. talk about it all here.

Old 07-15-2005, 04:12 PM   #1
TheAdmiral
TheAdmiral has no status.
Points: 8,259, Level: 21 Points: 8,259, Level: 21 Points: 8,259, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Time Spent Online: 16 Hours 55 Minutes 34 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to TheAdmiral Send a message via MSN to TheAdmiral Send a message via Yahoo to TheAdmiral
Default Video Games

I thought I'd start a topic to see if there are any gamers out there. Hopefully we can get some females in here because truly, gamer chicks are hot, if for nothing else, for playing games and saving the world.

So, to start the dicussion, I've been playing several games lately, Shadow of Rome, Guild Wars, Def Jam: Fight for New York, and I recently played Destory All Humans.

Destroy All Humans is awesome. It's got a 50s, B-movie style, filled with gender roles of men/women, McCarthyism, Communism, and the "American Dream" of a good, capitalist, Christian nation. Of course, then an alien interrupts a nuclear test in Roswell, and his clone needs to go to Earth to see what happened, and fulfill the task of his failed clone. That task being to harvest DNA for the Furon empire. Seems this race of aliens, through a long history of war, giving way to heavy irradiation, has completely lost their genitals(and somehow they chose to continue living). So they need to clone themselves to maintain their race, however, the DNA banks are running ragged, and they need to harvest ancient strands of Furon DNA from Earth. Seems long ago, some Furons returning from war stumbled on Earth, there was shore leave, a couple indiscrimate Furons...

Anyways, the game revolves around going to several locations on Earth, ranging from a farming community to the capital to Area 42(I know, I know, but it's Area 42 in this game). You need to extract human brain stems for DNA, find Furon probes, and complete objectives to take over America and the pathetic humans. You get a number of mental powers and alien weapons to do this. To gain concentration and use your mental powers, you need to rip the thoughts from the heads of humans, resulting in unveiling their humorous inner thoughts. You can then use your mind to hypnotize humans, rip out their brains, or throw objects around with your PK powers. You're given several weapons on foot, one of course being the Anal Probe, which when used properly, causes humans to run wildly, crapping their pants until their brains fly out. The Disintegrator Ray is especially fun, blasting people and watching them sizzle until they're just charred skeletons that turn to dust.

You can also fly around in your saucer and wreak mass havoc, blowing up entire cities with your death ray, sonic boom, or quantum deconstructor. Or you can use the abducto-beam to pick up cars, tanks, etc. and throw them around.

The game is full of humor and fun. People may recognize your commander, Orthopox, as the voice of Zim from Invader Zim(I believe so, correct me if I'm wrong). And your character, Cryptosporidium (I won't even pretend I spelled it right), sounds an awful lot like Jack Nicholson(I probably don't know how to spell his name either).

One of the coolest features of this game is once you beat it, you unlock a movie. Sure there are behind-the-scenes deals and several suchs things, but this is a movie. An entire movie. A feature-length-90-minutes-at-least B-movie from the black and white era: Teenagers from Outer Space. It's got space-ships, giant monsters, and disintegrator rays. I thought it was just awesome that they put an entire movie into the game. I didn't expect it, but nevertheless, sat down and watched it.

Anyways, thought I'd pen a thread starter, but talk about whatever ya want, and let us know who here's into games.

I suck at making avatars, please help!
Old 07-15-2005, 11:23 PM   #2
Wyvern
Wyvern has no status.
Points: 21,985, Level: 36 Points: 21,985, Level: 36 Points: 21,985, Level: 36

Time Spent Online: 1 Week 5 Days 8 Hours 5 Minutes 31 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to Wyvern Send a message via Yahoo to Wyvern

I have a thing for first person shooters, and good RPG's.

I've been playing Far Cry and Brothers in Arms lately, but I've become addicted to Knights of the Old Republic II. KOTOR is by far the best RPG I've ever played.

Warned you we tried.
Listen you did not.
Now screwed we all will be.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:11 AM   #3
Weaselheadx
Weaselheadx is the Master of Time and Space
Points: 66,926, Level: 63 Points: 66,926, Level: 63 Points: 66,926, Level: 63

Time Spent Online: 2 Months 3 Weeks 3 Days 16 Hours 36 Minutes 38 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to Weaselheadx Send a message via MSN to Weaselheadx

I'm not nearly as into games as I used to be, lately I've been playing Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 and been having fun with it. I tend to like fighting games and first person shooters. I'm not a big fan of RPGs.

"He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you." -Nietzsche
Old 07-16-2005, 01:38 AM   #4
TuckEverlasting
TuckEverlasting is Bumping
Points: 17,371, Level: 31 Points: 17,371, Level: 31 Points: 17,371, Level: 31
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Time Spent Online: 4 Days 6 Hours 8 Minutes 9 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to TuckEverlasting Send a message via MSN to TuckEverlasting Send a message via Yahoo to TuckEverlasting Send a message via Skype™ to TuckEverlasting

Gamers... what is this you speak of? Our household LAN is playing Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 1942 most of the time. Console wise, we've been Destroying All Humans, and I plan on getting my little hands on the new Conkers.

.:TUCK:.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:31 AM   #5
Fej
Fej has no status.
Points: 22,700, Level: 36 Points: 22,700, Level: 36 Points: 22,700, Level: 36

Time Spent Online: 1 Hour 27 Minutes 50 Seconds

I like racing simulators: F1 Challenge, MotoGP 3, Gran Turismo 4, Need For Speed: Underground 2 (not really a simulator)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:52 AM   #6
jomama1138
jomama1138 is working
Points: 19,208, Level: 33 Points: 19,208, Level: 33 Points: 19,208, Level: 33

Location: San Francisco Bay Area tidepool collection location, California
Time Spent Online: 3 Weeks 5 Days 22 Hours 2 Minutes 51 Seconds

All sports games in this household. Once in a while, I Jones a for a little GTA, but mostly into the Evil Empire of video games and their excellent sports titles.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:44 PM   #7
kwijibo
kwijibo has no status.

Time Spent Online: N/A
Send a message via AIM to kwijibo Send a message via Yahoo to kwijibo

i love the gta series, tony hawk, driving simulators as well as almost anything created by electronic arts...

i am not a fan of team sports in real life (i like solo events - boxing, snowboarding, golf, etc...) but i love them on the ps2. nothing like getting drunk and talking shit during madden. some things never grow old.

Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone...
Old 07-26-2005, 08:33 AM   #8
TheAdmiral

Send a message via AIM to TheAdmiral Send a message via MSN to TheAdmiral Send a message via Yahoo to TheAdmiral

Lately I've been playing DOA2 Ultimate. I've wanted to try it for a while, but, just now picked it up. It's kinda cheap though, because to unlock Hitomi, you need a saved game on your XBox from DOA3, and though I'm sure I played it, I don't have a save. Guess I played it for PS2. A very cheap trick to get ya to buy DOA3. It's beautiful as normal, and it's the typical "panty fighter", hyper-active jiggling and all, and now there's over 100 costumes to unlock(the females get more than the males obviously)

As if that's not enough to make me feel dirty, I finally broke down and rented Rumble Roses. It's gotten popular enough that I felt that as a game, I had to give it a shot. It's not bad, the graphics are certainly very good. The breasts are unrealisticly bouncy as normal, and there's a mud-wrestling mode. The story is pretty vapid and the voice acting sucks terribly, but, what can ya do. I'm enjoying it though.

After these two, I got Advent Rising, so, I'm gonna see if it's been riding hype or it's actually pretty good.

Oh, and to clue you in on a few sleeper hits. Ghost Masters(think that was the name), is over a year old probably, little known, but very good. And more recently, Phantom Dust for XBox. It's like a card game taken into a 3rd person action setting. The lead character(known simply as The Protaganist, though you can select from a list of names), is fairly ugly, or at least silly looking. Weird hair, and he's got some Mick Jager lips on him. Reminds me of Keith Richards or Rod Stewart.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:07 AM   #9
TuckEverlasting
TuckEverlasting is Bumping
Points: 17,371, Level: 31 Points: 17,371, Level: 31 Points: 17,371, Level: 31
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Time Spent Online: 4 Days 6 Hours 8 Minutes 9 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to TuckEverlasting Send a message via MSN to TuckEverlasting Send a message via Yahoo to TuckEverlasting Send a message via Skype™ to TuckEverlasting

I did about 3 hours of Dance Dance Revolution Extreme last night, does that count? It has sucked in my soul.

.:TUCK:.

Old 07-26-2005, 12:53 PM   #10
TheAdmiral

I've never gotten too consumed by DDR, it just doesn't grow on me I suppose. Maybe it's because I'm shy.