Video Games - Page 2 - Eroticbpm.com

Radio and TV Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Eroticbpm.com > Various Topics > Music, Movies, Games, Books & Entertainment
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music, Movies, Games, Books & Entertainment Muisc, Games, Movies, Television, Cartoons, Anime, Books, Sci-Fi, Theater, Conventions, You get the picture. talk about it all here.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:03 PM   #11
HiroProtagonist
HiroProtagonist has no status.
Points: 9,607, Level: 23 Points: 9,607, Level: 23 Points: 9,607, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Time Spent Online: 59 Minutes 10 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to HiroProtagonist

I only play DDR after midnight...alone...in the dark. But I'm a gaming geek, I worked as a reviewer for gamersinfo.net for a while and am seriously considering taking it up again.

My favorite new game was God of War. An intriguing story and some very original action gameplay. Oh, and a minigame in which you gain XP for bringing 2 girls to orgasm. (Not sure why this game wasn't AO actually, in comparison to GTA it is certainly a better game, but no less violent or graphic)

When it comes to other games I'm kind of a Konami loyalist by default. They just seem to produce all of my favorite series Silent Hill, Metal Gear, and Castlevania.

I'm really looking forward to the new Zelda though. Also X-Men Legends 2 should be out soon, great action, great rpg elements, and really good translations of my favorite mutants and their powers, there were over 10 playable characters in the first game and even more promised for the second game.

"If you live in the twentieth century you do not find it hard to see yourself in those, more desperate than yourself, who seek to shape it to their will."

"Fuck the orphans! If they were worth a damn, somebody would care for them. And if somebody cared for them, they wouldn't be orphans. Somebody's gonna eat those little fuckers and it's either you or the C.H.U.D.s. C.H.U.D.s who, it goes without saying, are in this country illegally."
Old 07-26-2005, 01:29 PM   #12
TuckEverlasting
TuckEverlasting is Bumping
Points: 17,371, Level: 31 Points: 17,371, Level: 31 Points: 17,371, Level: 31
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Time Spent Online: 4 Days 6 Hours 8 Minutes 9 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to TuckEverlasting Send a message via MSN to TuckEverlasting Send a message via Yahoo to TuckEverlasting Send a message via Skype™ to TuckEverlasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroProtagonist
When it comes to other games I'm kind of a Konami loyalist by default. They just seem to produce all of my favorite series Silent Hill, Metal Gear, and Castlevania.
You say you're a Konami Loyalist and you don't even mention Contra for NES? Hethenist! Kidding. I love Castlevania, Contra, That Hockey game they put out for NES that had the minispace game at halftime, that rocked!

Gods, I could go on and on about video games. My two roomates are big game geeks as well. B is playong Gods of War right now and says he loves it. I have been alternating between BF1942 on my Mac, DDR on PS2, Simpsons Hit and Run on PS2, Tetris Worlds and Doom3 on XBox, and MonkeyBall on the Cube recently. Oh and that damn puzzle game on PSP... can't recall the game. It's a four block dropping puzzle game.

Who here played games on Vectrex, Atari 2600, Tandy Computers, and Amiga 2000?

.:TUCK:.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:51 PM   #13
HiroProtagonist
HiroProtagonist has no status.
Points: 9,607, Level: 23 Points: 9,607, Level: 23 Points: 9,607, Level: 23

Time Spent Online: 59 Minutes 10 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to HiroProtagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckEverlasting
Quote:
You say you're a Konami Loyalist and you don't even mention Contra for NES? Hethenist! Kidding. I love Castlevania, Contra, That Hockey game they put out for NES that had the minispace game at halftime, that rocked!
That hockey game was Blades of Steel. I got it the day it came out. I remember it was the first video game that had an actual (digital) talking. One of the very few sports games that I ever enjoyed. I had forgotten that was Konami.

As for Contra, imho, the first one is the only really good one. I play it endlessly on emulator. I really wish they'd rerelease it for GBA as they have other NES games. Sadly most of the other next-gen console offerings were pretty poor, though I have not yet tried the most recent PS2 version. The only other Contra game I remember enjoying was Contra: Hardcorps for the Genesis. Wow I'm a geek.

I didn't play any of the systems you mentioned but I did have the one old school system you left out: Colecovision.

"If you live in the twentieth century you do not find it hard to see yourself in those, more desperate than yourself, who seek to shape it to their will."

"Fuck the orphans! If they were worth a damn, somebody would care for them. And if somebody cared for them, they wouldn't be orphans. Somebody's gonna eat those little fuckers and it's either you or the C.H.U.D.s. C.H.U.D.s who, it goes without saying, are in this country illegally."
Old 07-26-2005, 02:12 PM   #14
TuckEverlasting

Send a message via AIM to TuckEverlasting Send a message via MSN to TuckEverlasting Send a message via Yahoo to TuckEverlasting Send a message via Skype™ to TuckEverlasting

Quote:
As for Contra, imho, the first one is the only really good one. I play it endlessly on emulator.
Yea, I agree. I thought there was another GB version at one time. Maybe it was the one that came out for Arcade systems. I don't recall, but I do remember running down hallways instead of running across the screen. Maybe I am confusing it with a version of Aliens.

That of course reminded me of Aliens VS Preditors for the Jaguar. God that game scared me shitless when playing it late at night. I always went to bed jumpy after playing the Alien too long.

Quote:
I didn't play any of the systems you mentioned but I did have the one old school system you left out: Colecovision.
I never had Colecovision. I did have a Comadore and a TRS-80. I used to play Taipan on that thing for DAYS! Later in life, I played Dope Wars in the same fashion on my Palm Pilot. God, my TRS-80 was crazy, it had this built in 7" floppy disk drive. You had to use two hands to slide the disk in properly without bending it.

Oh Oh! Crazy Golf on the Apple II GS and Marble Madness! That machine and the Amiga 2000 were so far ahead of their time! Oh oh, and one game I have never ever been able to find again and I kick myself EVERY time I think of it, Psycho for the Mac. I had it on my Mac Classic. Really low end game, looked like it was written in HyperText, but it was a turn based RPG type of game, like Zork. Just, your a psychopath escaped from his cell at the psych ward. The first thing you do to escape is **** the nurse, visuals included, and steal the meds from other patients, her sirynge, and other stuff. If you make it out to the road you can hitch-hike on into town.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:44 PM   #15
TheAdmiral
TheAdmiral has no status.
Points: 8,259, Level: 21 Points: 8,259, Level: 21 Points: 8,259, Level: 21

Time Spent Online: 16 Hours 55 Minutes 34 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to TheAdmiral Send a message via MSN to TheAdmiral Send a message via Yahoo to TheAdmiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckEverlasting
Quote:

Gods, I could go on and on about video games. My two roomates are big game geeks as well. B is playong Gods of War right now and says he loves it. I have been alternating between BF1942 on my Mac, DDR on PS2, Simpsons Hit and Run on PS2, Tetris Worlds and Doom3 on XBox, and MonkeyBall on the Cube recently. Oh and that damn puzzle game on PSP... can't recall the game. It's a four block dropping puzzle game.

Who here played games on Vectrex, Atari 2600, Tandy Computers, and Amiga 2000?
I played the Atari when I was little, and I played it/watched it a little bit recently when someone brought one to a LAN party. I would still have mine if I hadn't given it to my cousin. It's amazing to see how far we've come.

(Unrelated, but, I see people dancing around words such as r**e, is there a filter or something on this board I'm unaware of?)

I suck at making avatars, please help!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:49 PM   #16
TuckEverlasting

Yes, there is a **** filter, if you write the word ****, it gets filtered cause no one wants to think about **** or even allow such a thought to cross a readers mind. So if you see the word ****, you will know it's been filtered out. There is a thread somewhere about the **** word. Has to do with some totally stupid thing. not that I think **** is ok, but I don't think the word **** should be censored when words like ass, fuck, shit, cunt, dick, and bitch can be used. This is an adult site with adult oriented themes and adult rated photography... sounds like the USRB topic agian.

Take that filter

Old 07-26-2005, 06:00 PM   #17
Fej
Fej has no status.
Points: 22,700, Level: 36 Points: 22,700, Level: 36 Points: 22,700, Level: 36

Time Spent Online: 1 Hour 27 Minutes 50 Seconds

Motorcross Maniacs for Gameboy was fun.

Old 07-26-2005, 06:41 PM   #18
kwijibo
kwijibo has no status.

Time Spent Online: N/A
Send a message via AIM to kwijibo Send a message via Yahoo to kwijibo

i love motorcross maniacs!

Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone...
Old 07-26-2005, 11:16 PM   #19
TuckEverlasting

The original NES version was kick ass too. I played that a lot.

Old 07-27-2005, 04:52 AM   #20
TheAdmiral
TheAdmiral has no status.
Points: 8,259, Level: 21 Points: 8,259, Level: 21 Points: 8,259, Level: 21

Time Spent Online: 16 Hours 55 Minutes 34 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to TheAdmiral Send a message via MSN to TheAdmiral Send a message via Yahoo to TheAdmiral

I never really played any games that simulate stuff that happens in real life, like most sports games. Though I do enjoy some stuff like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, and Underground. I'm trying to pull from my memories of old games, but, my memory is so bad. I need to search the internet for screens to jog my memory.

I suck at making avatars, please help!