Video Games - Page 4 - Eroticbpm.com

Radio and TV Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Eroticbpm.com > Various Topics > Music, Movies, Games, Books & Entertainment
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music, Movies, Games, Books & Entertainment Muisc, Games, Movies, Television, Cartoons, Anime, Books, Sci-Fi, Theater, Conventions, You get the picture. talk about it all here.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:17 PM   #31
TheAdmiral
TheAdmiral has no status.
Points: 8,259, Level: 21 Points: 8,259, Level: 21 Points: 8,259, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Time Spent Online: 16 Hours 55 Minutes 34 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to TheAdmiral Send a message via MSN to TheAdmiral Send a message via Yahoo to TheAdmiral

Alright, I played Advent Rising, and I need to warn you all. It is INEXCUSABLY glitchy. It's choppy and slow, despite being designed for the X-Box, there are several camera bugs, sometimes scripted events and triggers happen early, or late, or sometimes not at all. I was waiting for a column of rocks to fall so I could cross some lava, but they never did. However, there are still invisible "rocks" you can use to cross, if you're lucky. Sometimes enemies don't register damage, and their narrow frontal shields can deflect shots that don't hit the shield. In fact, they can deflect shots to the back, despite the shields behind a tall, 2-foot wide shield that covers only the front. And the staffs that the elites wield can not only deflect shots from your guns, they can deflect rockets and psychic attacks, and they can even simply wave their staffs around and become invincible to grenades and other explosions. The jumping and controls are often awkward.

Now, let me tell you, this is a tragedy because the story is actually really good. I'm playing the game anyways just to watch the good parts. It's a good story, in a bad game, mostly because the developers thought it'd be fine if they completely skipped the testing phases of development, and if only they'd taken a bit longer to polish it up.

I suck at making avatars, please help!
Old 08-01-2005, 02:48 PM   #32
killshot
killshot is tired
Administrator

Time Spent Online: 2 Months 4 Days 20 Hours 32 Minutes 58 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to killshot

wow.. that sucks

I hate it when buggy games are put out just so they can make a release date
Old 08-01-2005, 03:10 PM   #33
Wyvern
Wyvern has no status.
Points: 23,309, Level: 37 Points: 23,309, Level: 37 Points: 23,309, Level: 37
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Time Spent Online: 1 Week 5 Days 8 Hours 28 Minutes 49 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to Wyvern Send a message via Yahoo to Wyvern

Yeah, buggy games suck sometimes.

Knight of the Old Republic II was rushed out the door as well. It has all sorts of little problems, though not too many performance related issues. The biggest problem of that sort is that if you stay on a level for too long without traveling to another level, the game will crash to the desktop. Even in the game's documentation, it tells you to save often and in different save slots.

The other big problem, and I thought this really sucked, was that some of the characters you encounter (it is a roleplaying game, for those who don't know) will give you information about quests you haven't yet started, or they will answer questions you don't even know to ask.

The game also had some issues with the dialogue at times, where the audio may cut out during the first or last sentence of a cutscene. If you play this one, you'd damned well better have subtitiles on, or you may have a hard time figuring out what's going on.

Warned you we tried.
Listen you did not.
Now screwed we all will be.