Buying games by download - Eroticbpm.com

Radio and TV Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Eroticbpm.com > Various Topics > Music, Movies, Games, Books & Entertainment
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music, Movies, Games, Books & Entertainment Muisc, Games, Movies, Television, Cartoons, Anime, Books, Sci-Fi, Theater, Conventions, You get the picture. talk about it all here.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #1
Dt3r
Dt3r is surviving in Newark!

Time Spent Online: 4 Hours 4 Minutes 48 Seconds
Default Buying games by download

After talking about old games in the other topic I started looking around to try and track some old classics down. Turns out a lot of them have been relicensed for sale by download for a decent price. Since there's no physical product to be made that means a lot of old PC games can be rereleased without the risk to the owners of being stuck with unsold copies.

I've seen a lot of different services; Steam, Direct2Drive, GamersGate, etc. Anyone have a recommendation? I know that Steam is run by Valve (a good company), but I also read something about needing to keep Steam running... and it auto-updates your files, which seems like it would mess up any mods you might want to use. Anyone ever try using one of these services?

"I have often had the impression that, to penguins, man is just another penguin - different, less predictable, occasionally violent, but tolerable company when he sits and minds his own business"
-Bernard Stonehouse
Old 03-10-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
Lux23
Lux23 is Back!
Points: 11,447, Level: 25 Points: 11,447, Level: 25 Points: 11,447, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Time Spent Online: 14 Hours 22 Minutes 19 Seconds
Send a message via ICQ to Lux23 Send a message via AIM to Lux23 Send a message via Yahoo to Lux23
Default Re: Buying games by download

gametap has a lot of random stuff, some good, some bad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/aim:lux23az/icq:32187663

'Dance like you're stamping on a human face forever, love like you've been in a serious car crash that minced the front of your brain, stab like no one can arrest you, and live like there's no such thing as God.' - Warren Ellis