13 year old boy becomes father... - Eroticbpm.com

Radio and TV Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Eroticbpm.com > Various Topics > Random Thoughts
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Random Thoughts This is for.. hey look at that! It's a ... So I went by the store to... Oh and the other day I saw this huge... Um.. Nevermind you should be able to figure this one out. Hey is that a cupcake on your desk?

Old 02-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
MegStar
MegStar is kind of odd
Points: 2,313, Level: 11 Points: 2,313, Level: 11 Points: 2,313, Level: 11
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Time Spent Online: 2 Days 2 Hours 18 Minutes 56 Seconds
Default 13 year old boy becomes father...

BOY dad Alfie Patten yesterday admitted he does not know how much nappies cost but said: I think its a lot.

Baby-faced Alfie, who is 13 but looks more like eight, became a father four days ago when his girlfriend Chantelle Steadman gave birth to 7lb 3oz Maisie Roxanne.

He told how he and Chantelle, 15, decided against an abortion after discovering she was pregnant.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2233878.ece

I am kind of at a loss for words.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
MissAthena
MissAthena is coloring the world in hex.
Model
Points: 23,085, Level: 36 Points: 23,085, Level: 36 Points: 23,085, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Time Spent Online: 1 Month 2 Weeks 12 Hours 23 Minutes 46 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to MissAthena
Default Re: 13 year old boy becomes father...

Srsly. WTH? I mean, I know kids are having sex young, hell, I lost my virginity when a month before my 14th birthday, but I at least knew how much diapers cost and shit.

maybe they should have given him this comic http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1711217.ece

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'M A POTATO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Old 02-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
Wyvern
Wyvern has no status.
Points: 23,309, Level: 37 Points: 23,309, Level: 37 Points: 23,309, Level: 37

Time Spent Online: 1 Week 5 Days 8 Hours 28 Minutes 49 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to Wyvern Send a message via Yahoo to Wyvern

This happens so often now, I don't even know why it's newsworthy.

My mother used to teach elementary school, and they had a 10 year old student get pregnant. The girl didn't even realize how it had happened until someone explained the act of intercourse to her. She honestly didn't realize what she was doing. The boy involved was only 13. FWIW, this was over 15 years ago.

Warned you we tried.
Listen you did not.
Now screwed we all will be.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
fozzie
fozzie is far too busy being delicious
Points: 41,601, Level: 49 Points: 41,601, Level: 49 Points: 41,601, Level: 49

Time Spent Online: 1 Week 4 Days 12 Hours 24 Minutes 32 Seconds

There really needs to be an overhaul on sex ed.

Thanks to TV and for the convenience of TV, you can only be one of two kinds of human beings, either a liberal or a conservative.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Old 02-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #5
Weaselheadx
Weaselheadx is the Master of Time and Space
Points: 68,296, Level: 63 Points: 68,296, Level: 63 Points: 68,296, Level: 63

Time Spent Online: 2 Months 3 Weeks 3 Days 16 Hours 40 Minutes 38 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to Weaselheadx Send a message via MSN to Weaselheadx

My co-worker's 14 year old daughter is pregnant.
My 19-year old co-worker has three kids that are over 3 kids, the youngest one being 3 years old. It is rather incredibly common. I have had some rather candid conversations with some of my friends. One female friend was sexually active with other females at the age of 5. One male friend was sexually active with much older(like teenage) females when he was 7. What I don't understand, is the reaction that people have to this. The whole 'kids these days!' Yeah, cause kids never fucked before the past 10 years... our society seems to have developed a strange double standard. Things are more open in a way, but less so in others. There are a number of factors, the feminist movement, the advent of birth control and contraceptives, child labor laws, public schooling, etc. In a way, a lot of people seem to have passed on this issue to the state(which I personally find to be folly). Parents need to learn to be... well parents. That said. it's not guaranteed the greatest of parenting skills will do much good. It's kinda simply really if you think about it. As a society, people are working more and more, even in a traditional nuclear family(no guarantee as only roughly half of people get married, and more marriages end in divorce than do not) in most cases both partners work. Teenagers are less likely to work. You have teenagers with lots of free time and little structure or direction, and parents who increasing have less free time in order to provide that structure and direction. The state is supposedly going to fill this void created by it's own failed policies, and has somehow failed, big surprise... Of course, the only answers that are suggested are more funding! The government always seem to want to temporarily relieve symptoms rather than cure the disease. It's comparable to giving a cancer patient pain medicine and calling it good... Wake up people! If you have kids, fucking educate them, don't depend on the system to do it for you!

"He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you." -Nietzsche
Old 02-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #6
JoeyEquinox
JoeyEquinox is back where he came from... again
Points: 21,002, Level: 35 Points: 21,002, Level: 35 Points: 21,002, Level: 35

Time Spent Online: 3 Days 13 Hours 37 Minutes 22 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to JoeyEquinox Send a message via MSN to JoeyEquinox Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyEquinox

White Americans, by and large, can't deal with sex on a conscious level, and delude themselves into thinking it doesn't happen, especially if they don't address it. When directly asked to bring their teenage children in for reproductive medical care, they will often shut down the conversation and talk about something else. Black Americans, while cognizent of sex, seem to have a fatalist mentality regarding their children, and seem to wait until pregnancy eventually happens. Very rarely to I meet parents that break these stereotypes, and it's pretty pathetic.

Yeesh, NOW what's going to happen? ...
Old 02-14-2009, 05:56 AM   #7
killshot
killshot is tired
Administrator

Time Spent Online: 2 Months 4 Days 21 Hours 26 Minutes 11 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to killshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
This happens so often now, I don't even know why it's newsworthy.
Teen pregnancies peaked in the late 80's and early 90's, They went down pretty consistently from there, except they went up a little bit in 2007.

I think for some reason though the stories just get more news coverage now than they did then.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:17 AM   #8
ThanatosVortex
ThanatosVortex is wandering around in your mind.
Points: 7,498, Level: 20 Points: 7,498, Level: 20 Points: 7,498, Level: 20

Time Spent Online: 3 Days 6 Hours 1 Minute 47 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to ThanatosVortex Send a message via Skype™ to ThanatosVortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyEquinox View Post
White Americans, by and large, can't deal with sex on a conscious level, and delude themselves into thinking it doesn't happen, especially if they don't address it. When directly asked to bring their teenage children in for reproductive medical care, they will often shut down the conversation and talk about something else. Black Americans, while cognizent of sex, seem to have a fatalist mentality regarding their children, and seem to wait until pregnancy eventually happens. Very rarely to I meet parents that break these stereotypes, and it's pretty pathetic.
Not just white Americans, I think anyone in America, growing up under the current Sex Ed system is a risk of getting themselfs pregnent. Thanks to Bush and his Cronies, school are basically "StrongArmed" into teaching Abstinance Only sex Ed, and they are not even allowed to tell them about condoms or the pill. If they do then they loose federal funding and at this stage of the game, funding for schools is so low that they can't afford to do the right thing.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #9
MissAthena
MissAthena is coloring the world in hex.
Model
Points: 23,085, Level: 36 Points: 23,085, Level: 36 Points: 23,085, Level: 36

Time Spent Online: 1 Month 2 Weeks 12 Hours 23 Minutes 46 Seconds
Send a message via AIM to MissAthena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanatosVortex View Post
Not just white Americans, I think anyone in America, growing up under the current Sex Ed system is a risk of getting themselfs pregnent. Thanks to Bush and his Cronies, school are basically "StrongArmed" into teaching Abstinance Only sex Ed, and they are not even allowed to tell them about condoms or the pill. If they do then they loose federal funding and at this stage of the game, funding for schools is so low that they can't afford to do the right thing.
I see that being changed REAL soon, considering Obama pushed for lifting the ban on funding for places like Planned Parenthood, though.

Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'M A POTATO

|
|
Old 02-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #10
fozzie
fozzie is far too busy being delicious
Points: 41,601, Level: 49 Points: 41,601, Level: 49 Points: 41,601, Level: 49

Time Spent Online: 1 Week 4 Days 12 Hours 24 Minutes 32 Seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot View Post
Teen pregnancies peaked in the late 80's and early 90's, They went down pretty consistently from there, except they went up a little bit in 2007.

I think for some reason though the stories just get more news coverage now than they did then.
Well, like in Bowling for Columbine, when Moore talks about how violent crime went down in the double-digit percentage, but coverage went up to the tune of triple-digit percentages. I think another good example of media not telling us what to think, but what to think about...

Thanks to TV and for the convenience of TV, you can only be one of two kinds of human beings, either a liberal or a conservative.
-Kurt Vonnegut